4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 11:57 AM by Debbie Coberley

Suggestions for Downloading Numerous Supplier Attachments from an RFP?

Debbie Coberley Journeyman

Does anyone have suggestions for downloading hundreds of supplier attachments from an RFP?  The 9r1 feature "Download All Supplier Attachments" continues to fail on one of events but its a huge event.  One of our Sourcing Managers just closed an RFP with 39 Participants who have uploaded 400+ attachments. Downloading these files all at once does not appear to be an option as we continue to receive fatal erros when we try.  So far, I've not been able to find a features that would allow us to select specific groups of suppliers to download.  Is there such as magic feature?  Any ideas?  Thanks so much for you input!

• Re: Suggestions for Downloading Numerous Supplier Attachments from an RFP?
          Brian Levow Master

Debbie,

OnD and On Premise are different applications, so this may not be helpful to you but...In OnD when I click on "Download All Supplier Attachments", I'm presented with a screen that allows me to select which supplier's attachments to include in the download, and select which RFP section numbers contain the files that I want to download.  I assume that 9r1 doesn't work like that, otherwise you wouldn't have asked but I just wanted to throw that out there.

David Morel Master

Sorry Debbie, but that hasn't been implemented in OnPremise yet. I haven't tested this, but you could try surrogate bidding into one of the suppliers, reviewing their response, clicking on one of the submitted attachments, and then select "Download all Attachments". That way you could get the zip file of all submitted attachments for one supplier at a time. Try that and let us know if it helped.

Debbie Coberley Journeyman

Thank you David.  Great idea!  And your response helped.  It led me down another path where I think I found a glitch.  I never noticed the download all attachments option on the pop-up menu from a supplier's file.  This option is available when you monitor the event from Sourcing as well.  And...it should be the answer but I can't get it to work.  Files will download but the zip folder only contains the original documents we uploaded when we created the event.  (no supplier files).  I've spoken with suppliers in the past that reported the same thing happening when they attempted to export their bid and files.  I always assumed this was by design.

By the way, I couldn't test your idea about accessing bids as a Surrogate Bidder.  None of us have these permissions but given the issue above, I'm not sure I could make it work.  Let me know if you are able to test this and if it works.  It might help us diagnose the problem we are having on our end!  Thanks again - Debbie