Contact email@example.com for more information. $70K-$85K, plus bonus potential.
TopSource is a strategic sourcing company dedicated to helping retail, wholesale and food related companies achieve significant savings by reducing costs and effectively managing Not-for-Resale (NFR) spend, often referred to as “indirect spend”. Our strength is aggregation. Our aggregated buying approach to sourcing gives us a distinct advantage over other sourcing companies.
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Support TopSource sourcing projects through the application of eSourcing best practices and procedures; including supplier and contract management, auction strategy development, RFx/auction design and build, supplier training, event management, and post event analysis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Strategize with internal sourcing stakeholders to design lot structures and provide auction event level setting and lot strategy advice for aggregated sourcing initiatives.
2. Execute and monitor auction events; including training for suppliers and live management of online bidding events with support services available to stakeholders and suppliers.
- Support enabling technologies to drive continuous improvement in the eSourcing process. Provide sourcing teams, across the organization, support in the utilization of eSourcing capabilities in functional areas such as Auctions, RF(x) capabilities, Contracts Management, and Supplier Scorecard Management.
- Conduct sourcing engagements, under management direction, for client stakeholders in the eSourcing of products and/or services.
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION CRITERIA:
Successful performance of these job functions should result in:
- Manage the completion of the TopSource auction process on each assigned initiative.
- Driving value for all constituents – Members, Customers, Suppliers, and Topco.
- Timely completion of all assigned sourcing projects.
- Successful assistance in driving further eSourcing utilization in one or more of the following areas; RF(x), Supplier Management, Contracts
Bachelors Degree preferably in an analytical or business discipline (Accounting/ Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.), MBA Preferred
- Ability to utilize professional business software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Ability to use, or learn to use, Topco business systems
- Exposure to structured strategic sourcing processes
- Experience with eSourcing platforms such as Ariba, Emptoris, Zycus, etc;
- Understanding of the reverse auction process with related technology skills preferred
- Three to four years business experience analyzing complex data
- Demonstrated ability in strategy development, negotiation and problem solving
- A high degree of competency in quantitative and financial bid package analysis
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership of projects
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and the flexibility to adjust to demands of the job
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to successfully manage time-sensitive issues
- Clearly communicate to others both verbally and in writing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks
- Skilled at influencing decisions using qualitative and quantitative data
- Project management skills
- Ability to organize information and make presentations to all levels of an organization both internally and externally
- Able and willing to travel as needed to visit clients and suppliers.
- Professional certification preferred ie; Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or willingness to achieve.