3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2012 7:58 AM by Andrew Hall

Electronic invoicing

Efua Djan-Sampson Journeyman

Anyone willing to share ideas on how they determined legal invoicing requirements for non-US countries ?

• Re: Electronic invoicing
          Andrew Hall Apprentice

Hi Efua

Have you seen the Ariba guide for creating tax-compliant electronic invoices? I can send it over to you if you like - it's a couple of years old now but maybe a good starting point. We referred to this guide and consulted with our tax department before going live on the Network. We're only based in the UK so it wasn't too much of an ordeal for us.

Andy

Efua Djan-Sampson Journeyman

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the response. Yes I have taken a look at the Ariba country guides and have found those helpful to an extent.

Couple of questions

Outbound on your PO's is there any charaterization as to whether it is for goods or services ? I understand that could impact what the invoice needs to show in terms of VAT ?

Also, do you have to produce pdf copies of the invoices submitted through the ASN to be used for VAT reclaim ?

Thanks

Andrew Hall Apprentice

Hi Efua

We don't have any customisation to show whether the invoice is for goods or services, our only check at the moment is that the tax amount on the invoice matches the tax code we used on the order. We know this can be improved and are working on it at the moment, trying to set up better processes for ensuring the correct tax code is used.

We store PDF versions of all electronic invoices in our Document Management system. We do this by downloading the "Archived Invoices" from the AN once a week and copying them over one by one - again not an ideal process but it enables us to meet the business requirements for storing invoices.

Andy