5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2012 6:35 AM by Rodrigo Lanza

Automatic testing?

Rodrigo Lanza Novice

Hi all,

I'm thinking about using in my organization an automatic testing solution to do regression testing? Has anyone tried this before? Some preferred solution? Has anyone tried Selenium? Any advice?

Thank you in advance.

• Re: Automatic testing?
          Scott Corbett Master

Hi Rodrigo. I have not used Selenium. We use HP LoadRunner. We do have some issues with this product working with the way Ariba dynamically generates webpages. I believe this issue is consistent across the various automated testing solutions. We're hoping that Ariba releases their internal automated testing tool as part of 9r2 as it was listed as a candidate for that release.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Jason Brown Master

At Ariba we use a customization of Selenium ... so that is a safe bet. We have made modifications so that UI changes do not affect the written tests. We use this extensively for our automated testing and we are contemplating making it available for 9r2 (still not decided as of yet).

Regards,

Jason Brown | Dir Solutions Management - On-Premise

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                Pranesh Mehta Expert

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your response.

I understand Ariba has made lot of changes to the selenium automation tool inorder to use it as an automation testing tool for ariba, but these changes are slightly more cumbersome and time consuming for any project specific builds, I have tried using OOTB provided selenium tool for UI based testing but the tool was not able to click on create requisition button even after trying many xpath variables.

If selenium OOTB can be used for ariba automation testing, it would be of great help if you can provide us with a sample working selenium script of creating requisition which we might use as a baseline to build our scripts, I am quite sure multiple projects would be eyeing on automation testing.

The common problems I faced was, unable to click on buttons like - create > requisition, create non catalog , submit button etc., however i was able to login using selenium

Jason Brown Master

I am sure this would make a great topic for the next On-Premise User Group Meeting.

It would be difficult to go into specifics on what we have or have not modified within an email communication. You points on implementing user flows with UI interaction is a primary objective for our work on this topic.

- Jason

Rodrigo Lanza Novice

Thanks all for your responses.

I tried Selenium but I faced the same problems than Pranesh. It would be great if Ariba makes it available those modifications. If so, could be Selenium used for  previous releases (8, 9r1) testing?