7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2012 9:11 AM by Thomas Richer

Catalogue Kitting and Pricing

Thomas Richer Expert

In my recent tests when i've created a kit the price of the kit has been automatically calculated using teh items included in the kit. Is there a way to override this pricing and provide a reduced kit price?

On the same lines is it possible to hide the catalogue items from which the kit is made and only display the kit?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas

• Re: Catalogue Kitting and Pricing
          Tim Fabiniak Master

To your second question: yes, there's a field called "In Kit Only" ("InKitOnly" in CIF) that you can set to true. Those items will only appear in the kit, not individually in the catalog.

As for the first question, I don't know of a way to handle this other than to have separate catalog and kit items.

Thomas Richer Expert

Thanks TIm,

Assuming that I can do in kit only items then it would allow me to create the kits I need based on prices that wouldn't show otherwise. Though I'll have potential issues with the supplier part ID field though... I would think that I could use the Supplier Part Auxilary ID field but then we use that to filter the catalogue based on language..

Well at least I have something new to try.

Do partial items work well with kits?

Thomas Richer Expert

Is there a pdf of all the fields that can be put in the CIF file? I'm looking at the Catalog Format Reference guide but it makes no mention of the in kit only field... granted it's a 2004 version so I shoudl probably get the most recent one.

Thanks

Tim Fabiniak Master

Yeah, I don't know if I've seen In Kit Only documented anywhere. I haven't tested it recently, hopefully it still works... let me know if you have any troubles with it. That's the only guide I know of, and you're right, In Kit Only isn't listed in it. Strange.

Thomas Richer Expert

IF an item is listed as in kit only would it allow the same part number to be listed multiple times?

For example I want the item to have a base price when it's not part of a kit, and a kit price where the value is reduced.

So widget001 is 300$ if purchased on it's own but the same widget001 is 225$ if purchased in a kit..

I can see where it doesn't make sense and will probably cause confusion, and it would be best to use the supplier aux part id to define which kit it is in...

Ok lots of testing to do!

Thanks Tim

Tim Fabiniak Master

Well, the item will be listed once and the kit will be listed once. It's not like they'll see...

Widget 1 - $300

Widget 1 (kit) - $225

I agree with the AuxID idea, that's probably how I'd go about it myself. Good luck!

Thomas Richer Expert

I knew we used the AUX part Id field to filter the catalogues cause we have a multilingual requirement. And I just tried the appending example provided in the PDF where you type your qualifier then - then the language locale en_CA...

Alas the catalogue shows that there are some of the kit items are unavailable... my thinking is that the code that filters the catalogs is looking for the exact locale in the SupplierPartAuxID and isn't just accepting the appended value.

Thanks for all your help.