3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 8:41 AM by David Morel

Optimization Scenario and Trigger an auction automatically

Kishore Hariharan Novice

Friends.. I need help on 2 scenarios:

Scenario 1:  I am conducting an RFP event and have 5 bidders. Based on the responses to the questionaire and or the grading system, is it possible to enable Optimization Scenario in Ariba 9r1 (On Demand)? If yes, can someone please guide me with the process steps?

Scenario 2: Based on the response for the questionnairte, imagining i have selected 2 suppliers with whom i want to set up an auction, instead of doing this manually, can ariba (Ariba 9r1 On Demand)  help in selecting top 2 suppliers and trigger and auction event automatically? If yes, please provide me the steps.

Kindly post responses as fast as possible.

Thanks

• Re: Optimization Scenario and Trigger an auction automatically
          David Morel Master

First, need to clarify what solution you are on. 9r1 is not OnDemand. OnDemand is 12s1 and 9r1 is the OnPremise solution.

Second...here are some comments on your scenarios:

Scenario 1:  I am conducting an RFP event and have 5 bidders. Based on the responses to the questionaire and or the grading system, is it possible to enable Optimization Scenario in Ariba 9r1 (On Demand)? If yes, can someone please guide me with the process steps?

The optimization functionality allows you to solve for the optimal solution of a stated goal. One goal you can optimize on is to Maximize the "Score". There is an issue here because the "score" is just based upon the scores on bids, not the overall grading.  What you can do is add an additional question on the event, make it Buyer Required and hidden from suppliers. You can enter the total score for each supplier and then optimize with to maximize savings or get the lowest total cost with a constraint to not have any suppliers with a score of x or lower.  Check out the Event Management guide and then contact support if you have trouble accomplishing what you are seeking.

Scenario 2: Based on the response for the questionnairte, imagining i have selected 2 suppliers with whom i want to set up an auction, instead of doing this manually, can ariba (Ariba 9r1 On Demand)  help in selecting top 2 suppliers and trigger and auction event automatically? If yes, please provide me the steps.

You can create a follow-on event that uses the last bid from the RFP as the initial price for an auction. Check out the event management guide and it is on page 106 in the current OnDemand documentation.

1 of 1 people found this helpful