6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 8:48 AM by Michael Odom

Mismatch on Purchase Order LineItem.Supplier and LineItem.Description.CommonSupplier

Elizabeth Lettie Expert

Hi All,

We are noticing an issue in our data where there are times that the supplier on the line item (LineItem.Supplier.UniqueName) does not match the supplier recorded on the line item description (LineItem.Description.CommonSupplier.SupplierList.UniqueName). There are instances where the two suppliers are totally different and times where the Description.CommonSupplier is left null.

This is starting to affect searching and reporting. Connect says that it is an isolated, local issue that they are not seeing in their OOTB instances. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

By the way, we assign only one supplier per CommonSupplier.

Queries to run:

select a.UniqueName, a.LineItems.NumberInCollection,

1. a.LineItems.Supplier.UniqueName, a.LineItems.Supplier.Name,
      2. a.LineItems.Description.CommonSupplier.SupplierList.UniqueName,
      3. a.LineItems.Description.CommonSupplier.SupplierList.Name

from PurchaseOrder a

where exists

(select 'x'

from PurchaseOrder b

where b.UniqueName = a.UniqueName

and b.LineItems.Supplier.UniqueName != a.LineItems.Description.CommonSupplier.SupplierList.UniqueName)

order by 1,2

select distinct

1. a.UniqueName,
      2. a.LineItems.NumberInCollection,
      3. a.LineItems.Supplier.UniqueName,
      4. a.LineItems.Supplier.Name,
      5. a.LineItems.Description.CommonSupplier

from PurchaseOrder a

JOIN ariba.purchasing.core.POLineItem USING a.LineItems

JOIN ariba.procure.core.LineItemProductDescription USING POLineItem.Description

LEFT OUTER JOIN ariba.common.core.CommonSupplier USING LineItemProductDescription.CommonSupplier

where exists (select 'x' from PurchaseOrder b where b.LineItems.Description.CommonSupplier is null and

1. a.UniqueName = b.UniqueName)

order by 1,2

• Re: Mismatch on Purchase Order LineItem.Supplier and LineItem.Description.CommonSupplier
          Michael Odom Expert

Elizabeth,

The only time that I've seen name mismatches with queries similar to the ones that you have provided have been:

• when the common and partitioned supplier names did not match due to name changes in an ERP-backend system that are not synced with Ariba
          • when multiple partitioned suppliers are available for the common supplier (for multiple partitions) and one of the partitioned suppliers has a vastly different name (for example, partitioning by region could result in the regional supplier with a different name than the parent common supplier)

Have you open a ticket with Ariba Customer Support to help troubleshoot and deep-dive into the issue?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Mismatch on Purchase Order LineItem.Supplier and LineItem.Description.CommonSupplier
              AribaMax Master

Hi Michael,

Good observation and advice. I would like to further add that, in this case, the suppliers (due to wrong/invalid System ID) on the catalog items, could be out of sync with the actual suppliers in the system. Hence, in some cases, the Description.CommonSupplier field is null.

Hi Elizabeth,

Assuming the supplier data has been updated (via file channel) or synchronized (with an ERP system), I would suggest a relook at the System IDs of the catalogs and correct them (if required) and reimport the catalogs.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                Elizabeth Lettie Expert

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the insight! We did open a ticket with Connect that they have since closed because they couldn't replicate the issue. I was hoping that someone else may have seen some similar inconsistencies in the data that might indicate that this was due to a defect.

We have a great example of this issue - this particular order is one of only two affected orders for this particular supplier out of 1,086 total orders. There was an order that was sent out the day before and one that was sent out only one minute after and neither of them were affected. The "bad" order has three line items. All of LineItem.Supplier fields were set appropriately. However, one of the LineItem.Description.CommonSupplier fields was left null, and the other two were set for totally different suppliers (different from each other and different from the LineItem.Supplier). They were all non-catalog items.

We have only one partition and we have only one Supplier per CommonSupplier record.

Michael Odom Expert

I was unable to reproduce on several test and demo instances as well.  I see a few options available:

• Wait and see if anyone else has additional feedback that could be shared
                    • Post detailed information directly to Exchange and see if anyone has run into this particular issue (using the additional detail to potentially review on their system) -- NOTE:  if any of the information is sensitive, you may need to either scrub the data or ignore this option
                    • Schedule a session with your Customer Engagement Manager so that we can look at the customizations, catalog setup, supplier setup, etc. and talk though the impact of the issue

I know this isn't a blockbuster answer, but I think a deeper dive of the issue (with more data) is needed, especially considering that we've not been able to reproduce this on out-of-the-box configurations.

Message was edited by: Michael Odom