15 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2012 8:26 PM by Ceylan Thomson

Where do I go to get started?

Christopher D'Ottavio Novice

Hello, I just started today and I was directed here by the bank that I am trying to submit my vendor information to. I'm not sure where I was supposed to go if I'm even in the right place.

Thanks!

• Re: Where do I go to get started?
          Gavin Chen Novice

Hi Christopher,

Do you mean vendor upload in "Supplier Enablement Automation"?

Chris Ervin Novice

I am new to the community as well. How do I receive notification as to when a new opportunity is available for my company to bid on? We supply security door hardware along with access control and IP based video surveillance.

AribaMax Master

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the community!

If you just sign up on the Ariba Commerce Network as a Seller, advertising your offerings and using the platform to search for potential buyers, that would be the first step.

From your seller console, you can search for Buyer's RFQs and respond and bid. In your case, you should be able to see the Bank's RFQs (if any) and take it from there.

Even if you don't find a suitable Buyer looking for your products today, some potential buyers would be able to find you through the Discovery.

But, if you are completely new to the entire Ariba platform and network, I would suggest you to get in touch with your company's point of contact from Ariba.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Shashi

Ceylan Thomson Ariba Contributor

Chris,

Not sure if you saw my previous comment on this thread. To receive a notification for every new buying opportunity that matches your business, go to Ariba Discovery and register your company as a supplier. To receive matches for security door hardware or access control and IP based video surveillance, make sure to add commodities to your profile that buyers might pick when describing their buying needs. You can browse commodities or search by keyword and add the ones that fit your company's offering. You'll want to spend some time selecting the right commodities since that's really the basis of how we match you to buyer postings. I suggest you start broad by selecting as many possibly relevant commodities as you find. Once you get a feeling for the types of matches that come in, you can always reduce the number of commodities.

- Ceylan

You can get an email notification every time a buyer has posted a new buying need. Simply go to Ariba Discovery (http://discovery.ariba.com) and register your profile. If you already have an Ariba seller account, simply log in to the Collaboration Console and click on the "LEADS" tab. Make sure to complete your profile and add all the commodities that apply to your business - you will get matched to buyer postings based on your selection. With over $450M of business posted on Ariba Discovery every month, it's an easy way to get access to leads with some of the largest buying organizations.

AribaMax Master

Hi Ceylan,

Since you are from Ariba, your answer must be the best advice for Chris.

I had directed him to the Ariba Commerce Cloud seller registration page as that's what I deciphered from the url presented on his customer's (the bank) site, but apparently didn't land up the correct page.

Since we know both these 2 sites, Ariba Discovery and Ariba Commerce Cloud, exist, it would be informative to know the difference between the 2. Is Ariba Commerce Cloud only for collaborative procurement?

Thanks,

Shashi

AribaMax Master

Hi Ceylan,

I think I have found the answer to my own question. It seems Ariba Commerce Cloud is the new center of activity for Sellers and they need to register here to manage all other seller solution sites including Discovery using one account.

So, new sellers should register at Ariba Commerce Cloud, isn't that so? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Shashi

Shashi,

The Ariba Seller Collaboration Console is a new page that allows sellers to access Ariba solutions with a single login. In the top left corner of the page, you see a navigation bar with direct links to LEADS (Ariba Discovery), Proposals (Ariba Sourcing), Contracts (Ariba Contract Management) and Orders & Invoices (Ariba Network). Many sellers on our network use several of our solutions, and the single login makes it easier for them to navigate across our offering.

In addition to the new Ariba Seller Collaboration Console page, sellers can continue to use the login pages of our respective solutions, for example discovery.ariba.com for Ariba Discovery. You will see that the navigation bar appears on top of all login pages, so it doesn't really matter where you log in. Another benefit is that now, you only have one profile - so make sure your profile is complete to take advantage of all the opportunities offered across Ariba's solutions.

Ceylan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            Chris Ervin Novice

Ceylan,

I am a distributor who supplies doors, frames and door hardware to General Contractors for building structures. How can I make sure I receive email notifications pertaining to what I sell from Ariba’s buyers? I’m sorry for my confusion but I don’t understand the email below and want to use Ariba to my maximum benefit. Please feel free to call me anytime 816-888-5836

Thank you!

Chris Ervin | Inside Security Sales Consultant

www.kentonbrothers.com <http://www.kentonbrothers.com/>

www.securemystuffonline.com

Contact Me:  My Email <mailto:chrise@kentonbrothers.com>

Contact KB: KB Website <http://www.kentonbrothers.com/>  | Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/kentonbrothers>  | Twitter <http://twitter.com/KentonBrothers>

1718 Baltimore Ave. Kansas City, MO  64108 | MAP <http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=ig&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=kentonbrothers&fb=1&gl=us&hq=kentonbrothers&cid=0,0,17400204202247673837&ei=SM0gTPjAI5Sy8QbZjOTDBw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQnwIwAA>

816.888.5836 direct

Securing Your World Since 1897