4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2012 10:59 PM by Gaurav Bansal

    Problem in creating Formula in RFP

    Gaurav Bansal Journeyman

      Hi,

       

      I am trying to put a Formula wherein Extended Price gets multiplied by a Cost Term (I created) but I am unable to do so.

      Whenever I try to create Formula, I am not able to select that Cost Term though the 'Insert' Button is there but its not getting picked up.

       

      Can anyone guide me where the problem exists and how to sort this out?

       

      Regards

      Gaurav

        • Re: Problem in creating Formula in RFP
          Tim Fabiniak Master

          Are you using a standard Ariba template or a custom template? If a standard Ariba template, which one?

           

          Depending on your template settings, you may not be able to do this at all/easily.

            • Re: Problem in creating Formula in RFP
              Gaurav Bansal Journeyman

              Hi Tim,

               

              Thanks for your reply.

              I am using RFP Template with Custom Formula enabled wherein it enables user to incorporate formula using various cost terms.

                • Re: Problem in creating Formula in RFP
                  Tim Fabiniak Master

                  A few quick questions...

                   

                  On-Premise (and which version) or On-Demand?

                  Can you include screenshots of the term you built and the formula you're trying to build?

                   

                  I just ran a quick test and didn't have any troubles, so there is likely something specific going wrong with what you're trying. Also, if the problem seems to just be the Insert button, you can always try typing the term name into the formula box. Surround the term name with single quotes and replace spaces with underscores.

              • Problem in creating Formula in RFP
                Gaurav Bansal Journeyman

                Hi Tim,

                 

                Its On-Demand Solution.

                Actually, you were right...Now that Term is working.

                What happened was this:

                The Term name is - Total Linear Metre (applicable for installation services)

                when I put exact term name in the Formula, it didn't allow me to pick that term but when I changed Term name to only - Total Linear Metre, it allowed to pick it up in formula.

                I know its quite strange as well as bit amusing but it did happen. I don't know why it behaved like this but somehow, i was able to get what I wanted to.

                 

                Thanks for your support and attention.

                 

                Take care