3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 10:15 AM by Mark Davis

Connecting Buyers existing catalog in ARIBA?

Karthika Gajendran Journeyman

Hello All,

Is there any possibilities to connect buyers existing catalog (example: Master data management catalogs) into ariba commerce cloud?

how Buyers internal catalogs for purchase can be connected in Ariba network?

Please provide the details about what are the catalogs are available other than Punch out catalogs? how it can be maintained?

Your answers will highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Karthika

• Re: Connecting Buyers existing catalog in ARIBA?
          Mark Davis Expert

Hi Karthika--

The short answer is yes! Internal departments can be treated as Suppliers and Catalogs can be created and enabled.

A sample configuration might be:

• Your company creates a Supplier account on the Ariba Network, and receives a Network ID (ANID)
          • Your Catalog team logs on to the Network account and loads Catalogs
          • The loaded Catalogs are assigned to your company
          • Your buyers can access the Catalogs from your buying application

These internal department Catalogs would be maintained by your staff.

Ariba has two main Catalog types, Catalog Interchange Format (CIF), and PunchOut.

• CIF Catalogs are easy to create, comma-delimited files that are uploaded to the Network. These Catalogs appear in the Ariba Catalog using the Catalog's native interface
          • PunchOut Catalogs reside on the Supplier's website, and the Catalog 'punches out' to their site. These Catalogs appear in the Ariba Catalog as they appear on the Supplier's website

Thanks for your question.

Mark Davis

Ariba Catalog Team

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Karthika Gajendran Journeyman

Hi Mark Davis,

Thanks for your reply and detailed explanation.

So ,every buyer need to have supplier account in order to upload internal catalogs

How Ariba will charge me as a supplier while having supplier account ? based on transaction volume or rent basis?

I should have relationship with my own company as buyer and i will charged for that as well?

Waiting for your response to get to know more about Catalog management in Ariba commerce cloud

Thank a lot.

Karthika

Mark Davis Expert

Hi Karthika--

Actually, we would set up a single Supplier account for your company on the Network. Any Catalog Managers that would need to upload Catalogs would have a login (there is an Admin function on Ariba Network accounts that allow you to manage Users).

Because this Network account would exist for your company to manage Catalogs and route orders—to your own company, the Network fees would be waived.

I hope that helps to explain it.

Mark Davis

Ariba Catalog Team