5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 12:35 PM by Maria Gammon

Hiding/Restricting Access to Sourcing, Contracts, and Suppliers Dashboards

jdp Journeyman

Is there a way to hide (or restrict access to) the Sourcing Dashboard, Contracts Dashboard, or Suppliers Dashboard, so that only the Home Dashboard is available to internal participants of a survey?

• Re: Hiding/Restricting Access to Sourcing, Contracts, and Suppliers Dashboards
          Maria Gammon Master

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, you can do this in the admin section by setting up a dashboard template by group/role.

The dashboard for new users is created from a dashboard template which determines the dashboard tabs, content items, and layout of the dashboard.

Members of the Customer Administrator group and the Customer Dashboard Administrator group can use the Dashboard Templates task in the Dashboard Manager workspace to modify the default dashboard template and create new dashboard templates. You can associate a dashboard template with a user group. When a new user belongs to a group that has an associated dashboard template, the user’s dashboard is created from that dashboard template.

For more information refer to the Common Data Import and Administration Guide - Chapter 11.

Let me know if this works.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Hiding/Restricting Access to Sourcing, Contracts, and Suppliers Dashboards
              jdp Journeyman

I don't see a Dashboard Template option on my screen.  Basically, I want to send a survey to internal and external participants.  When the participant clicks on the email link, I want the link to open directly to the survey.  I don't want the participant to have to perform several clicks to find the survey.  Are there screen shots somewhere that can show me how to set up particpants and create surveys in such a way, so that the participant can open the survey directly?  Otherwise, I will have to use a survey tool separate from Ariba.  I can't imagine that creating, sending, and opening surveys is this difficult as this is a key way that information is input into Ariba.

I'm hoping someone else has encountered this issue before and screen shots were prepared to walk them through the process.  There should be a quick "how to" guide for this simple task.  Please help.

Thank you.

Billy Lester Novice

If you have access to your 'administration' piece, then look under Project Manager > Project Email Templates. You'll find one specific to surveys. Make sure the tokens are correct on this. Just a basic sanity check to ensure it is using the survey link itself and not something else. If this is set correctly, then go onto connect.ariba.com and log an SR. If nothing else, then you can list the SR type as a request for information about the survey piece.

jdp Journeyman

I looked under Project Manager > Project Email Templates, but I cannot find the one specific to surveys.  Here is what I see:

Project Email Templates 1.jpg

Project Email Templates 2.jpg

Can please you tell if I have the Project Email Template specific to surveys?  If so, can you please identify which one for me?  Thank you.

Maria Gammon Master

If the survey participant (internal or external) clicks the link in the invitation email, after they login they will be taken right to the survey page. This is by design and the default Invitation email template has this link already added. If you want to customize the content of the survey invite email you can do that as well but make sure you have the right tokens added to the email. You do this in the summary page of the survey (edit document first), then go to Summary section there in the actions menu you will see a customize email, select the Publish Event, Invitation for Participants email template.

I've attached some screenshots.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Maria

1 of 1 people found this helpful