5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 10:05 AM by jeanne_trinh

Ariba presence in Australia

Markham Johnson Novice

Hi !

I am new to Ariba and to be honest have minimal knowledge of Ariba's place in the Australian market.

Could someone please provide me with some information on Ariba's activity in Australia and how it can help me in my role at Knight Facilities Management as a salesman.

Thankyou

Markham

• Re: Ariba presence in Australia
          jeanne_trinh Journeyman

Hi Markham,

Check out Ariba Discovery! An online service which will allow you to access a pool of active buyers world-wide and help you find new business opportunities and customer leads. Ariba Discovery gives you the chance to showcase your business offerings and maximize your presence in the marketplace. 

Getting started is simple. Just go to discovery.ariba.com and you will be able to create your company profile, view open RFI/RFQ postings as well as automatically receive opportunities in your inbox that match your business, and allow you to submit your offer to buyers whom you would like to do business with.

If you would like to see a live demo of Ariba Discovery, click on the link below to register:

http://www.ariba.com/resources/live-demo/ariba-discovery-for-sellers

Markham Johnson Novice

Hi Jeanne,

I found the Discovery section last week, but can't seem to find any open links? Doesn't seem to be any RFI, RFQ in Australia for our industry?

Is Ariba still an effective portal for suppliers of facilities management in Australia?

jeanne_trinh Journeyman

Hi Markham,

Did you go through the entire registration process and set up a profile for your company? In order to see the full listing of every bid currently active, you would need to register for an account.

Ariba Discovery is a global e-marketplace and includes a wide-variety of countries and regions world-wide. The active bids that you see are the ones that are currently available and in demand. So you will only see bids specific to Australia and in your industry only if there are customers who are currently seeking products and services in your space. If you currently can't find any, that may mean that there aren't any opportunities at this time, but there maybe in the future. Like grabbing their morning coffee and checking their personal emails on a daily basis, many of our sellers who use Discovery treat this service the same way. They will log on regularly just to see what business opportunities are out there. It's definitely another vehicle for you to find leads and new business opportunities. And if you create your own account, you can build your company profile page so that you can get your name out there and showcase the business offerings that your company offers. If your profile is complete and accurate, this will allow other companies to find you easier should they search for certain criteria that your business provides. Also, with an accurate profile that has the correct commodities and regions identified for your organization, Ariba Discovery will automatically match you to any potential opportunities that appear to be a good fit for you and send these right into you inbox and alert you.

Should you require additional help please feel free to contact our customer support team: https://s1.ariba.com/Help/Main/aw?awh=r

Thank you,

Jeanne