1 of 1 people found this helpful
I checked with one of my tech resources and this is a problem with IE 8 specifically--and we have seen it before. Here is the suggested course of action:
BROWSER TROUBLESHOOTING FOR INTERNET EXPLORER 8
From an Internet Explore Page, click on “Tools” and select “Internet Options” On the General tab, under “browsing history”, click on DELETE; this is where you will delete Cookies and Temporary Internet Files – click on OK
Go back to the General Tab, and always under “browsing history” click on SETTINGS and make sure that “Every time I visit the Webpage” is selected– click on OK.
Go to the Security Tab
Click on the CUSTOM LEVEL button, then
Click on INTERNET
Set as suggested:
Under ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins
- Disable “Allow previously unused ActiveX Controls to run without prompt
- Disable “Allow Scriptlets”
- Disable “Automatic Prompting for ActiveX Controls”
- Enable “Display video and animation on a webpage that does not use external media player”
- Enable “Binary and Script Behaviors”
- Prompt “Download Signed ActiveX Controls”
- Disable “Download unsigned ActiveX Controls”
- Disable “Initialize and Script ActiveX Controls not marked as safe for scripting”
- Enable “Run ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins”
- Enable “Script ActiveX Controls marked as safe for scripting”
Scroll down and under “Downloads”
- Disable “Automatic Prompting for file downloads”
- Enable “File Download”
- Enable “Font Download”
Scroll down and Under “Scripting”
- Enable Active Scripting
- Prompt Allow programmatic Clipboard access
- Disable Allow status bar updates via script
- Allow Website to prompt for information using scripted windows
- Enable Scripting for Java Applets
Click on OK
The system may ask if you are sure on changing the settings for the zone: click on Yes
In the Security Tab click on “Trusted Site”
- Click on “Add this website to the zone”
Add the link for ariba as such: *.ariba.com and click Add
Go to the Privacy Tab and click on “ADVANCED”
- Check the box “Override automatic cookie handling”
- Accept “First-Party cookies”
- Accept “Third-Party cookies”
- Check “Always allow session cookies”
These are the recommended browser configurations with IE8 and the Ariba application. Your IT department should be consulted to ensure these changes will not impact another application/tool that your company might use.
Thank you very much for your clean response and help but I am very sorry, after doing all the settings that you have described also, I am unable to launch the catalogue.
And this time I even unable to launch it after refreshing(F5) the blank white page of the catalogue as in my previous case, instead getting the same blank popup window again and again after refreshing the page also. Can you please tell me if we need to add some other parameters in the call structure or any other settings have to be followed in IE8 ??
Thank you once again.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Based on the issues you're still experiencing, it's best to contact Ariba Support by submitting a Support Request.
Ariba Exchange Community Manager
Thanks for your information.
Could you please explain me the process to contact Ariba Support. As I am a new joinee of this group, I don't know the process. Please help me.
The Designated Support Contact (DCS) for your account would be able to create the support ticket through Ariba Connect. I checked with Thiago from the Ariba Support team and he didn't see your name listed as a DCS, but he did provide the names of 2 other DCS users associated with your account. I will send you a message with their names so that you can enlist their assistance with submitting the support ticket.
Is there any process to get my name to be listed as a DCS ?? If yes, please tell me the process, so that I will get my name as a DCS user and create the support ticket.
If No, please provide me those other 2 DCS users associated with my account, I will progress next. Thank you very much for your continuous support.
Yes, you can request DCS access. Fawad with the Ariba Support team recommends that you complete the User Registration form on Ariba Connect. Please be sure to select “Designated Support Contact” for the Ariba Connect Access Level question.
The registration form can be found at the following URL: https://connect.ariba.com/SRWebService/UserRegistration.aspx
I sent you a direct message within Ariba Exchange yesterday with the names of the 2 DCS users associated with your account. I will also e-mail the names to you via the e-mail address you have listed in your Ariba Exchange profile.