Thanks for sharing your question at Ariba Exchange. To ensure you get the right guidance, more information will be needed. Tim McKee has reached out to you to follow-up on your request.
Ariba Exchange Community Manager
- We want to extract the following datasets out of Ariba, and pair it with the SAP data for 360 reporting view.
The approach we are thinking of
- Schedule Reports in Ariba. The Reports will write to a specific directory in Ariba
- Use Middleware to move the files from the Ariba directory to SAP BW server in our Data Center
- Load the files into the SAP BW for Reporting
The dataset that we are looking for
- Contract Workspace
Pl. let us know if the Data
Transfer tool is the right approach or if there are any other methods of data transfer between SAP BW and Ariba
Thanks for the follow-up. Tim shared your information with Ariba and SAP team members who can provide guidance to your request.He will follow-up with you on their feedback.
Is there a possibility you can share the response in this thread? Thanks.
It is technically feasible to accomplish data transfer between Ariba and SAP BW using middleware such as SAP PI or Boomi.
At high level following steps needed:
1. Leverage mail adapter within SAP PI.
2. Configure mail sender to access email messages with XLS report attachments.
3. Configure mail receiver to process the file and place into target directory for additional processing.