4 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2014 11:09 PM by Dileep Kinthada

Form Development - Ariba On Demand Sourcing Implementation

Dileep Kinthada Expert

Fellow Aribians,

As a part of Ariba Sourcing On Demand Implementation  we have come across a concept 'Form Development' in Documents tab while creation of Sourcing Project .  Ariba gave a Form Data Collection Template to fill the requirements and once the requirements sent to Ariba , it will configure it  in Test Instance accordingly.

Could anyone please give me a clear idea how Form Development in the Sourcing Project will help the business with an appropriate example to get better understanding ?

• Re: Form Development - Ariba On Demand Sourcing Implementation
          David Morel Master

Forms can be used to collect all kinds of data that a customer might want to capture.  The form needs to be initially created by a deployment team based upon the customer's specifications. Here is some information from the Help documentation: 

Forms provide the following features:

Form documents have
          header fields and can have line item fields (or detail
          fields
          ). Line items are multiple instances (lines) of the same fields and
          are useful for creating lists of items with the same fields, such as a list of
          items in a sales order.

Each field has a
          specific data type, such as text, integer, money, date, or a custom data set.
          Fields can also have pick lists or drop-down menus.

You can specify if
          fields are required, editable, or visible. You can also create conditions based
          on other field values to determine these properties.

Field values can be
          calculated from other field values. In this example, Cost is calculated by multiplying Quantity by Unit Price.

Header fields values can
          be calculated as the sum of line item field values. In this example, the Total Cost is the sum of the line item Cost values.

Header fields can be
          used as search filters when searching for documents; line item fields are not
          searchable.

A form can be
          pre-configured with tasks in a project template as a prototype form document. When the form document is
          created in a project, the tasks are also created.

Form documents are not
          stored as files on the Ariba server, but line items can be exported as Microsoft
          Excel files.

Field values can be
          exported for reports.

For more information about using Ariba Services to implement
          forms for your site, please contact your Ariba customer representative.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Dileep Kinthada Expert

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please give me some of the examples of the 'Forms' that a customer might want to capture ?

Also let me know whether Form should be created before RFx event (or) after RFx event while creation of Sourcing Project ?

Can Form be sent to supplier along with the event once the RFx event is published ? If possible please give an example of Form in this scenario.

David Morel Master

Dileep,  Sorry for missing this till now.  I have seen forms use to track regulatory approvals on suppliers and the products they provide.  They are used to track savings when a customer feels our Saving Planning and Tracking solution doesn't model savings like they want.  I have also seen them used as a means to collect data on sourcing strategies used and report on them via analysis. I will ask around for more examples.  dForms are not usually completed by suppliers. It is a document at the Project level, not something you send out to a supplier. The forms are only editable by the team members in the project, so you would have to invite the supplier to the project as a team member, something that is possible, but not done very often.

1 of 1 people found this helpful