1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2014 11:51 AM by Leslie Martensen

How can I route a form for approval without having a contract associated with it?

Karen Moore Newbie

I have a form that is routed for approval for all contracts, however, we also need to route this form when doing spot sales and not creating a contract.  How can I route this form for approval with spot sales when we would not normally create a workspace for it?  What options do I have? If I create a condition or separate template for spot sales and start creating workspaces, will that contaminate our reporting for contracts?  Is there a way to route these forms without creating new workspaces for each - single workspace or knowledge project?

• Re: How can I route a form for approval without having a contract associated with it?
          Leslie Martensen Master

Karen,

There is no way to do this without creating either a Contract Workspace or a Contract Request.

Most customers have a Document Type that the user selects on the create screen which may actually drive different fields and a different template.  Some examples of this process are:  Certificates of Insurance, IP License Notice, Trademark Violation Letter, etc.  While this is still creating a workspace, it can be eliminated or selected for in reporting based on the Document Type.  The best alternative after this might be to use the Contract Request instead of a workspace.  It has some advantages, including not requiring a User license to create the request.

If you have more question you can email directly at: Leslie.Martensen@sap.com

Leslie Martensen

Sr. Product Manager, Ariba Contracts