3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2014 10:05 AM by Leslie Martensen

Rebate Tracking in Ariba

Aarika Andrews Journeyman

I'm looking for a solution to track rebate collection in our contract workspace, but am not entirely certain what options I have.  I had considered using a d-form associated to a recurring phase, but am not certain if that presents limitations to email reminders when the workspace has been published.  Are there any other recommendations for tracking rebates on contracts?

Thanks,

Aarika Andrews

• Re: Rebate Tracking in Ariba
          Leslie Martensen Master

We do not currently have an automated way to track rebates. Most of our customers that do this work with the implementation team or support team to add custom fields to the contract workspace to track rebate information. For example: Type of rebate; rebate frequency etc.

Aarika Andrews Journeyman

Hi Leslie,

I think what I'm looking for can be accomplished in a d-form, which I can work with the support team to develop.  However, are you aware of any limitations to scheduled notification tasks or recurring phases running while the workspace has been Published? Ideally, if I could generate a quarterly reminder to category managers to update the d-form (amend the workspace and add a line item to include that period's rebate details), that would be perfect.  I'm just not certain if the workspace status (Published, Expired, Closed) prevents or supercedes a schedule or recurrence.

Thanks!

Aarika

Leslie Martensen Master

There are no specific limitations on tasks.

Here is a section from the Documentation:

Notification tasks can continue to occur regardless of a project’s state. For example, they can continue to occur after a sourcing project ends. In Ariba Contract Management workspaces, notification tasks can continue after a workspace is published, closed, or expired. Notification tasks can also occur when a contract workspace is on hold. If a contract workspace is published, users can complete and create notification tasks without amending the contract workspace.

You can find more about tasks in the User Guide under Creating and Managing tasks.

I hope this helps,

Leslie