4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2014 5:50 AM by Soren Thaysen

Supplier Profile Questionnaire - Multiple SPQ's?

Angela Winters Apprentice

My company is interested in using a "phased" approach to gathering supplier related data. As opposed to one enormous SPQ, is it possible to publish multiple SPQ's? Or am I limited to publishing a single SPQ with conditional content?

These are the high level phases of data gathering that we would be interested in:

1. Supplier submits an initial set of very basic information - company name, commodities provided, capabilities, regions serviced, etc. A "getting to know you" type of questionnaire.

2. Supplier is asked to provide more in depth information, in order to be eligible to participate in a sourcing event. A "let's collaborate and see what happens" type of questionnaire.

3. Supplier is asked to provide a level of detail that would entail master data - reps, certs, remittance detail, control systems, etc. A "let's do business" type of questionnaire.

I am eager to hear if anyone else has taken this approach?

• Re: Supplier Profile Questionnaire - Multiple SPQ's?
          Martin Kopl Novice

Hi Angela,

There can be only one active version of SPQ.

If you would like to gather information from suppliers in different phases or levels I would suggest you to create for them various Requests for Information (RFIs) or Surveys.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Soren Thaysen Expert

Hi Angela,

We have been a facing similar situation, where we had some introductory risk assessment questions, followed by a more comprehensive set of CSR questions. As Martin rightly points out, there can be only one SPQ, which logically makes sense.

The work-around that we have implemented was to simply add the comprehensive set of questions to the SPQ, then hide the view from the supplier and finally implementing them in our events template (visible). That way, Suppliers will be presented with the CSR questions at the right stage in the process, while the answers feed back into the SPQ, making you capable of reporting on them.

I hope this help you!

Angela Winters Apprentice

Soren - this is very helpful. When you say events template, are you referring to your Sourcing events? How do the answers feed back into the SPQ? This sounds precisely like what we are looking for. If you can share any additional insight, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Soren Thaysen Expert

Hi Angela,

Yes, I am referring to the sourcing events. When setting up the template, you simply choose the hidden questions from the SPQ, by adding content from library --> supplier knowledge. When you then run an event and the suppliers answer the questions, the answers will automatically be updated in the SPQ. If the supplier has already answered these queastions in a previous event, then the answers will appear as initial values. Indeed a very nice feature! If you want to track when the answers were last updated, you can simply go to the supplier workspace, if you have 'managed' the organization (requires SIM or SIPM).

1 of 1 people found this helpful