A service pack (SP) is a collection of updates, enhancements, or fixes to a software program usually delivered in the form of a single installable package. SP's are typically numbered in a sequential manner. Is there a particular Ariba SP you wish to know the details of?
I have no idea what is service pack?could you explain me in detail?Softwareprograms in the sense,were they core files.why fixes are done to the software program?what is the format of the installable package?How they will be available?and how to load into Ariba system?There is no particular SP i want to know.
I don't come from an IT background and cannot answer your more technical questions. However, I did find this thread that will point you to where you can download reference manuals for installing SP's. I hope you find this useful.
Hey Ravi - are you using Ariba On-Premise products or are you using Ariba On-Demand? If you're On-Demand, you need not worry about Service Packs, Ariba takes care of that for you and you're automatically updated with the latest code fixes.
If you're On-Premise, it's another story where you need to understand how to apply Service Packs.
we are using on-premise products.i just want to know about service packs like what exactly they are,which format they will be available,versions of service pack,and the process of installation of service packs in the system.could you explain me in detail.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Here's a high-level on how we go about applying a Service Pack:
1) Retrieve latest Service Pack jar files from Ariba Connect
2) Install Service Pack on Demo environment (ensure the process works on a non-customized instance)
3) Conduct Defect/New Feature analysis (You and your business client need to determine if each manual fix is relevant to the functionality you have enabled as sometimes there's configuration options. There are new features you'll need to assess too.)
4) Conduct Core Code analysis (only needed if you have core code hacks.)
5) Apply manual steps/configuration to Demo
6) Install Service Pack on Dev Lab environment
7) Apply manual steps/configuration to Dev Lab
8) Test changes
9) Regression Testing
For a detailed description of how to apply service packs, I recently posted a screenshot style document on how to technically apply Service Packs on the Connect Discussion Forums. Here's the link: https://connect.ariba.com/AC/message/display/1,5367,26_41-26259-6565-1,00.html