3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 2:56 PM by Leslie Martensen

About term types in a contract

Jesús Roldán Journeyman

I would like to know why it is mandatory to fill the expiration date field when we select Auto-Renewal term type. This can confuse users because at expiration date he will recieve a notification with the Required Action, which is none because it is an auto-renewal contract.

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

• Re: About term types in a contract
          Leslie Martensen Master

Ariba uses the expiration date to establish the term and then to trigger the auto-renewal at the end of each term. Ariba also sends out notifications so the user knows this contract is up for auto-renewal in case there is a need to change the contract or cancel before the auto renewal takes place.

Jesús Roldán Journeyman

Hi Leslie, that makes sense to me, but in my opinion the problem is when the expiration email which is sent when you use Fixed as term type is the same email as Auto-renewal term type. At least in my case, the expiration email of an auto-renewal contract doesn't say anything about the action of renewal. Is it possible to customised this email? Here you have an example of this email.

Subject:CCCCC - XXXXXX: Contract requires review

Action required: This contract will expire on 05/01/2015 and requires action.

- Contract ID: CCCCC

- Contract Title: XXXXXX

- Contract Description: XXXXXX

- Supplier: XXXXX

- Expiration Date: 05/01/2015

This email originated from the Ariba system used by XXXX

Leslie Martensen Master

You can edit the email under project manager - project email templates - Contract - Sent to the contract workspace owner and expiration email recipients when the workspace is nearly expired.  This is a scheduled batch notification.

However, this is the same email that is sent for any contract that is about to expire it does not change based on type of contract expiration.

Leslie

1 of 1 people found this helpful