5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 8:49 AM by Leslie Martensen

DocuSign Automatic Anchor Tags

Robert Myroniuk Novice

Hello All,

We are currently in deployment for Ariba Contract Professional in which we are also deploying DocuSign. We found that DocuSign has a feature called Automatic Anchor Tags which will automatically place signatures whenever the user transfers from the Signature Task to DocuSign. This eliminates the manual step to assign the signatures in the contract since it would be handled in the integration.

However, this feature only appears to be available for SalesForce whenever I search in the DocuSign documentation repository. I have obtained the API guide for DocuSign and found that it is supported as long as the Integration is configured in this way. However, I can't find documentation for Ariba on this subject.

My questions are as follows:

1.)  Does the integration between Ariba and DocuSign support this feature?

2.)  Has anybody used the 'Automatic Anchor Functionlity'?

- If so, can you point me in the right direction to obtain the proper way to tag documents

Thank you,

Robert

• Re: DocuSign Automatic Anchor Tags
          Leslie Martensen Master

You can setup custom tags in DocuSign by going to Permissions, Custom Tags (Under Member options) You can create your custom tags there. Make sure they are shared. See screenshot below. Then add your custom tags into your documents in Ariba. Once the document is sent to DocuSign from Ariba the tags will automatically added the document.

If you need a demo let me know and I can show you.

Leslie Martensen

leslie.martensen@sap.com

Docusign tags.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Robert Myroniuk Novice

Thank you for responding Leslie!

We setup the Anchor tags but it still requires us to drag and drop the signature blocks. You don't need to drop them in a specific location as they will automatically snap to the location. We were hoping that the dragging and dropping step wouldn't be necessary.

Below is what we have currently for one of our tags. I notice a small difference between ours.... mainly the _{r} and the two \   \. I will try to modify this and run an additional test and get back to you on the results.

Leslie Martensen Master

You may want to contract DocuSign and/or review their documentation around custom tags. I am not an expert on their custom tags. I do know that when they are setup correctly they do with our Ariba integration.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      Robert Myroniuk Novice

Hello Leslie,

We were actually able to setup the auto-anchors based on your previous responses. Just for reference, in-case others ask, I was able to make it work creating the following in docuSign.

The anchor in the document looks like this in the document:

\s1_1_suppliersign1\

The s1 is specific to signature 1 and there is a table that can be referenced in the docuSign documentation specific to these tags. It does mention SalesForce a lot which can throw people off, but using that documentation we were able to configure it properly.

The end result was that the signature for the supplier was automatically placed when transferring from the signature task in Ariba to DocuSign.

Thank you for your help!

Robert