Another approach would be more robust and comparatively easy to be build.
PR created in Ariba with "DPAS_Rated" flag set to 'false' by default-> Approvals in Ariba -> PR post approvals sent to ECC as a PR -> DPAS Rating obtained for PR in ECC -> DPAS Rated PR exported from ECC via IDOC/SOAP/WSDL to Ariba (standard Req Import) -> All Req import set as auto approved in Ariba -> PO sent to Ariba Network.
The only problem with this approach is that for every purchase request there will be two PR#'s generated in Ariba so few more customizations to handle user notification and correct reporting should be done.
Many Thanks. My response is late, as we went and researched your answer and following is what we found. Not sure of what I present is correct, maybe you could validate?
1) When the PR's (with DPAS_RATED" flag set to "False") are fully approved, it immediately creates a PO in Ariba and is carbon copied to ECC. We are unable to stop the Automatic process of "Fully Approved" PR from getting converted to PO automatically. If there was a way to break the sequence, and not have the fully approved PR'sin Ariba to automatically convert to PO (in Ariba) then your comment could be researched further.
So the Question is, Is there a way that these Ariba PR's which are fully approved, should NOT be converted to PO's automatically, but be converted to PO, based off some other mechanism?
2) From your feedback, it looks like PR's from ECC be IMPORTED as "PR's" in Ariba? (Is that a correct Statementt)?
3) Business may not approve the possibility of Duplicate PR's because budget is consumed against the Original PR's. Now after importing PR's from ECC (which create new Ariba PR's which are auto approved) should not consume the Budget once again?
Your response and the community's feedback is highly valued.
I am unsure about your setup (on-demand/on-premise/customizations) but you can try the following if you haven't got another option to make this work.
For #1: have you tried generating a silent order? In the supplier location supplement, try using "silent" in place of URL for order method if this is not generating a silent order get in touch with ariba support to get help on the same. Also, if you are using ERPOrder you can write some logic based on DPAS_RATED" flag and ensure that the order is always stuck in ordering.
For#2: Yes that is correct
For #3: Looks like you are doing budgeting in Ariba, based on your setup you might find a solution in the link given below:
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Recently I attended a refresher session on new features and functionality and based on the information I gained can I request your to ignore my earlier comments as those now appear to be an out dated design.
Achieving your goal looks much easier with new features and a recommended flow would be as follows:
1. PR created in ECC using Ariba Catalog option at line level
2. DPAS rating obtained as usaul on the PR in ECC
3. The DPAS rated PR's in ECC are imported in Ariba using standard Req Import functionality
4. The order is generated and sent to AN via Ariba P2O and is carbon copied to ECC
Please let me know if you have already tackled this in similar way or otherwise.
Many Thanks Vilas.
Exactly. We are at the moment considering the design on the lines of End
User creating Requisition in ECC and branching out to APC (for CIF catalogs
or Level 1 catalogs or Level 2 catalogs), and then on completion of the
shopping cart, control transfers to ECC where the DPAS rating and the
complex DOA (Delegation of authority --> budget based complex approval
logic existing in ECC can be triggered). Once completion of DPAS and DOA,
we are thinking about importing the PR to Ariba for Ariba to then send out
the order to AN and carbon copied to ECC.
But we are still deliberating other potential issues in the above design
...which I will post shortly.
Your design feedback has been valuable and food for thought.
On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Vilas Swamy <firstname.lastname@example.org