1 of 1 people found this helpful
Listed below is the learning I have from the Ariba Contracts Management implementations
1. Identify the best suited process template and just tweak the best practices to suit your needs vs changing the template drastically.
2. Most likely reason for delayed/failed implementations is trying to incorporate the process that does not fit in the standard contract life-cycle.
3. Identify the activities/actions that happen inside the system and what should happen outside. Some tasks are created just for keeping track of the activity that happens outside.
4. All customizations should be looked at from all types of amendments to the contract. Each new field addition should be done judiciously.
5. The technical name of a custom field once created cannot be changed and it is passed on upto reporting schema so double check if its a "must have" before you even ask Ariba technical team to build it for you.
To your surprise they will not validate pro's and con's of what you ask them to customize, your request is their command unless something is not technically feasible they will do it. So you should own the design completely.
Wish you all the best!!
Thanks for your inputs and for the insight you have provided.
Do you use Ariba Contract management tool.how is your experience on it.
Kindly share your experience since we are planning to implement i want certain things to be clear and understand correctly.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
The customers who have implemented Ariba Contract Management are reaping incremental benefits right from the same year of its roll out. Its a very robust/stable product and the template based contracting process standardization makes it very easy to guide relationships, help track compliance to a a great extent. Documents and Standard clauses are maintained and kept updated very easily. Approvals, hierarchy, amendments, terms etc are key offerings. Its a must have solution whether you have a centralized contracting process or not.
If there are specific question then please list them out.
Below are the features which we are looking from the tool.
- Request should flow through Q request with requirement specifications template/Cover page(i,e Details about the contracting parties, scope of work, pricing etc.)
- Tool should have different contracting templates dropdown according to business units and requirements (Eg:- Standard Contract, Framework agreement, Master Agreement, One-time stand alone Agreement. NDA’s,Time and material Contract, Fixed Price Contract, Amendments, Addendum and Special contracts).
- Upon selection on the template the required details should pop-up to fill in the tool and should be able to edit certain fields too.
- Should be able to download contracting templates/Request specifications template/cover page from the tool as well.
- Should be able to download draft version of contract with Daimler header and footer details in word/PDF format(when drafter fill the details in the tool).
- Tool should generate unique number for each contract created.
- Need to have standard clause library as per Daimler policy with the tool(options guide for any clause modification or addition).
- Update the contract value/cost center and payment terms through dropdown or free text to enter the details.
- Staged approvals process for different departments (such as Accounting, legal, compliance, HR and Controlling).
- Email notification should be sent out to department when their actions is needed.
- Legal and Accounting department should be able to review and approve the contracts within the tool.
- Once legal approves the contract ,it has to go for signature using Four-eyes-principle (MBRDI).(should be able to choose the approver through dropdown selection)
- Hierarchical Approval within the tool according to business units.
- Electronic signature(e-sign within the tool).
- Final fully executed contract should be repository in a tool (through attachment file) by incorporating the start and end date which helps in notifying on expiration of the contract. And inform about renewal of contract ,if not terminated the contract as of end date.
- Customized notification on contract expiration/termination and renewal with covering letter to the end-user and vendor.( as per requirements of the business unit 15 days ,30 days, 60 days and 90 days notification).
- Contracts Repository should capture the following:
2.Vendor contact details:-(Name, address, phone, mobile, fax and email address)
4.Scope of service:-(a short description)
5.Information about the Parties:-
7.Department Type: - (HR, facility, non-IPS, Finance.)
8.Duration:- Years, Months, quarterly , half yearly and evergreen
9.Contract start date:-
10.Contract end date:-
11.No of documents associated with the customer (i.e. Master Agreement, amendments, SOW, Assignment letter, Engagement Letter) Name change document and other supporting documents).
13.Tool should have full text and number searchable function.
Also provide me the contact person details wherein we can have face to face discussion.
The listed requirements are more or less Ariba Contracts functionality. Broadly most to all of it can be achieved through standard features configuration. Please connect with me in-case you need more info.
please provide me your Contact details such mobile,Work # and email id.
Would like to have discussion over the phone and a face to face discussion on the same for better understand and the workflow of ariba contract management.