5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2015 11:41 PM by Vilas Swamy

Catalog comparison

Vijay Vedula Apprentice

Hi All,

We are implementing Ariba P2O solution for a pharma client there is a specific requirement

During PR creation, if the user selects a higher priced catalog instead of selecting the least priced catalog for the same material (e.g. CAS # being the unique identifier in this case), there should be a way to get this tracked in the form or notification or additional approval etc.

Say there are two catalogs from two different suppliers for the same material (same CAS#)

Catalog A - $100

Catalog B - $80

Catalog C - $110

During PR creating if user selects any catalog A or B, there should be some mechanism to trace that user has selected non-least priced catalog.

Is this currently possible? Has anybody come across this kind or requirement and if so, how is it handled?

Regards,

Vijay Vedula

• Re: Catalog comparison
          Vilas Swamy Master

Hi Vijay,

Hope your are doing great. I guess the best way is to add an approver/group to the approval flow in any case for all the CAS#'s where you have multiple suppliers for the same item.

There must be a logic behind having multiple suppliers for the same item, especially with the catalogs, and based on that logic one could control the visibility of that item to the different departments/cost centers etc. You may also be able to build and add approver logic with a lookup file based on the CAS# and upper limit for the unit price. For a given CAS# if the unit price is above a certain price thats predefined in the lookup file, it add that additional approver.

Regards

Vilas

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Vijay Vedula Apprentice

Hey Vilas,

I am good, how are you

Having approval flow is a great idea, but I dont see how to compare the prices across catalogs...

Thanks

Vijay

Vilas Swamy Master

Doing great. Thanks!!

Approval flow for each CAS# that you have multiple suppliers/catalogs for. So essentially the lookup file has that CAS# listed and irrespective of which catalog the item is from the approver is added and then the approver (can be a group) can lookup manually if it is the least price. I know this is not the most desired way but a work around that makes sense in certain scenarios.

Cheers!!

Vilas

researchscholar007 Master

perhaps its a good idea to check the catalogue validation rules setup for the best price / Top Item?