4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2016 8:13 AM by Shareef Mohammad

Change Ariba PO !!

marcel hipolito Master

Hi Ariba Experts

Once the PO is approved, it can be changed in ARIBA ?

For example , we know that in ECC the PO can only be changed if we reversal the GR first, but the question is

after the PO in ariba has a good receipt in ECC, it can be changed or will be blocked for maintenance ?

Regards

Marcel H.

• Re: Change Ariba PO !!
          Shareef Mohammad Master

Hi Marcel,

Yes, we can change a PO which is ordered state with appropriate permissions and also the Supplier location should support 'Change PO' functionality.

Thanks.

marcel hipolito Master

after your change this PO ordererd (with GR Posted) the new quantity will be updated into the PO in ECC ?

From my business perspective this will not be possible due to the fact that GR has been already posted.

Please Shareef let me know your thoughts

Regards

Marcel H.

Andreas Muno Expert

Marcel,

the new quantity, will it be less or more than already received? More is not a problem. The PO will just be updated in Ariba and SAP, and the supplier ships the missing items in addition to the ones the buyer has already received and accounted for via GR. All that's needed is another GR for the difference.

When you reduce the quantity, what would you like to do about the items the buyer has received in excess? Ship them back? At who's expense? Discard them? Keep them, as a consignment stock? So typically, you would not want the system to allow for quantity reductions after shipment, when the risk has already moved to the buyer. Instead of becoming an issue with procurement, and the PO, the process may now require negotiations about logistics and financials (storing of excess stock/ consignment /shipping back) and possibly compensation, i.e. a credit memo for the buyer.

Cheers,

Andreas    

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • Change Ariba PO !!
                Shareef Mohammad Master

Hi Marcel,

I Appreciate the explanation from Muno. for the orders which are in shipping/receiving state the quantity cannot be reduced less than the items which has been shipped/received.

1 of 1 people found this helpful