7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 2:28 AM by Vilas Swamy

Delete the whole PO not line item

Mandy C. Expert

Hello:

can we delete the PO number (the whole PO) not just line item.

I m version 9r1

Pls help

• Re: Delete the whole PO not line item
          Amit Gupta Master

Hi Mandy,

Ariba won't allow to delete a PO but you could cancel an order which will create a second version of the PO and will send out a PO cancellation request to the vendor. Cancel button will be available on top of the requisition if it is ordered status. A fully or partially received order cannot be cancelled but if there are any received items in a PO, then you could submit negative receipt to nullify the total received items back to 0, and then cancel button will be visible on the requisition.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Mandy C. Expert

can we cancel many PO in one screen. I means select many PO to cancel

Amit Gupta Master

Hi Mandy,

OOTB functionality doesn't allow mass PO cancellation. If it is just a one time task, then probably you could write a javascript, otherwise you could implement an eForm where you could upload a csv file with a list of POs and issue cancellation for all of them at once.

Thanks,

Amit

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      Mandy C. Expert

would u let me know if e-form is available on 9r1 and where I can locate the guideline pls

Amit Gupta Master

Hi Mandy,

eForms are available in 9R1. These are fully customized approvable documents which you can implement in Ariba. Please refer to buyer_customization.pdf document for steps required to implement an eForm.

Here are basic details which you will need to setup for an eForm.

1) Create aml file with metadata fields to be included in the eform

2) Design the layout using groups and properties in the aml file

3) Define workflow i.e. action to be taken while transitioning from one step to another

4) Design frames

5) Create wizards to specify order of each frame

6) Add eForm with any restricted permissions, prefix, search restrictions etc details in ApprovableType.csv file

7) Define approval rules

Best Regards,

Amit

Amit Gupta Master

Just to add one more point is do you want users to have access to eForm to cancel mass POs or Is it an admin who could take care of it. If it's been done by only Admin, then you could write a schedule task i.e. create a csv with all POs which needs to be cancelled and a java code which will initiate the cancellation request.

Thanks,

Amit

Vilas Swamy Master

Hi Mandy,

If you are using 9r1 and have aces to inspector, have you considered deactivating the PO from the back-end set Active = false? This is not the best practise but it may work in one of scenarios

Cheers!!

Vilas