8 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 12:03 AM by Ravi Ayyagari

ITK Standard SAP Extraction tool

marcel hipolito Master

Hi Ariba experts

Someone know if there is a standard tool from SAP/ARIBA available  to extract the master data (.CSV) from SAP ?

Regards

Marcel H.

• Re: ITK Standard SAP Extraction tool
          Sandeep Jain Master

Hi Marcel,

Ariba does provide ABAP Transports (which can be found on connect site) to integrate with SAP using either Webservices or ITK. You can modify these transports as per your requirements to extract the master data from SAP.

When integrating Ariba with SAP using ITK, to extract these master data from SAP, you will have to schedule jobs in SAP, which in turn will place all extracted data (csv files) into the specified system folder in your server (where ITK has been installed, generally ITK will be installed on the same server where SAP resides) to be consumed by ITK's Data Transfer Tool to load the same into Ariba.

Hope that works.

Thanks,

Sandeep Jain

marcel hipolito Master

Myself as a Customer , I need to buy the license to use this.

Or any customer will be able to see this in Ariba Connect.

can you provide me guidance how to find this in Connect, I mean , what word shall I type to find out more about this in Ariba Connect ?

Thanks for your reply !!

Regards

Marcel H.

Sandeep Jain Master

Hi Marcel,

You do not need any license to use the Transports. As an existing Ariba customer, either you can log into your basic or DSC account on connect site and under the products tab (i.e. Procure to Pay or Procure to Order as whatever you have licensed for) you can find ABAP Transports for SAP integration.

Also you can directly contact to your respective Ariba support and ask their support to provide you with the transports.

Thanks,

Sandeep Jain

Vignesh Sathiyanarayanan Master

Hi Marcel ,

For the detailed instructions to download and install the transport files, configure Ariba, and configure SAP, see the Ariba Procurement Solutions Integration Guide for SAP Ariba Procure-to-Order Ariba Procure-to-Pay Release 12s (Ariba Procurement Solutions Integration Guide for SAP).

Users of Cloud Integration versions can see the Ariba Procurement Solution Integration Guide for SAP ERP Ariba Procure-to-Order Ariba Procure-to-Pay (Ariba Procurement Solution Integration Guide for SAP ERP) for equalivent information

Regards

Vignesh.S

• ITK Standard SAP Extraction tool
                  marcel hipolito Master

Vignesh

Are you fine ?

We had export the file .

but we need to know where to place the file to get the execution afterwards (I mean sending from SAP to Ariba).

Could please provide a bit of more details ?

King Regards

Marcel H.

Sandeep Jain Master

Hello Marcel,

As you have extracted the data, I assume you would have some scheduled jobs to extract these data in SAP.  Now in order to import these data in Ariba, you should place these files in outgoing/outbound folder in ITK (the folder in which you have extracted ITK) from the data transfer tool will pick up these files/data and load into Ariba. Indeed for loading these data into Ariba you can again have the scheduled jobs or can configure the corresponding events/tasks.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Sandeep Jain

varun goel Journeyman

Hi Marcel,

I agree with Sandeep and followed the similar design to upload master data to Ariba using ITK. In our solution, we have used SAP PI as middleware and scheduled the ITK jobs on PI server. SAP ECC generates the master data csv files in AL11 folder from where we move them to PI server ITK folder. As soon as the ITK job runs it picks up the csv and load the master data to Ariba.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks

Varun Goel

Ravi Ayyagari Newbie

Hi Marcel,

After applying the transports on SAP S4 system, you have to use a t-code /ARBA/MASTER_DATA(or program /ARBA/MASTER_DATA_EXPORT) on your S4 system to export the master data from S4 system onto a specified file system as .CSV files, after this you can have direct connectivity to upload it to Ariba or setup your PO system to do that for you.

In our scenario we had used PO to take care of that tasks, so our PI communication channel will pick up the files from S4 and place it on PO server and later we will run the ITK job(AribaIntegrationEventFullUpload-can be scheduled on PO JAVA)to upload these files onto Ariba, we had created a folder structure on PO server for incoming, outgoing files and logs for the ITK job runs, please note there is some standard configuration that needs to be done nefore scheduling the ITK jobs on PO server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi A