2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2016 3:08 PM by David Morel

Excel Bidding in Ariba Sourcing

Shweta Kanitkar Newbie

Dear Ariba users,

I am looking forward to create an ariba sourcing event for reverse auction, which has lots of items for bidding with many set of conditions and scenarios like location, type, quality, quantity etc.,

This is seeming to be a complex bidding event and want to explore using the Excel Bidding option. Can anyone please suggest what is the best way to achieve this.

Please note that I am not looking for Offline bidding when I say using Excel. I want the event bidding to be done during a specific period.

Regards,

Shweta Kanitkar

• Re: Excel Bidding in Ariba Sourcing
          Neelanarayanan Perumalpillai Master

Hi Shweth :- Supplier will be able to export the event in to the excel and update all the fields and import them back.

• Re: Excel Bidding in Ariba Sourcing
            David Morel Master

You ask for a few things so i want to comment on them individually...

I am looking forward to create an ariba sourcing event for reverse auction, which has lots of items for bidding with many set of conditions and scenarios like location, type, quality, quantity etc.,

- Auction, check! We can do auctions, but what do you mean lots of items with many set of conditions and scenarios?   We have a limit of 200 items in auctions.  We don't support conditional content with items, so you will have to specifically invite suppliers to specific items.

This is seeming to be a complex bidding event and want to explore using the Excel Bidding option. Can anyone please suggest what is the best way to achieve this.

- What do you mean excel bidding? Suppliers can always bid in excel, but if you are talking about the new Large Capacity event type, you need to realize it is for RFPs only, no auctions.

Please note that I am not looking for Offline bidding when I say using Excel. I want the event bidding to be done during a specific period.

- Not sure I understand this.  All bidding is done during a specific time period.

Can you provide some additional information?

David Morel