3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 3:43 PM by Peter White

Dynamic Forms vs ASP

Arshan.Bomanjee Master

I have been using Ariba Services Procurement for a couple of years now and would like to know more about Dynamic Forms. Can someone highlight the differences between these two? I have worked on both of them and did not find any difference in functionality. I also heard that D-Forms and Dynamic Forms are two different functionalities in Ariba. Can you also point some key differences between these two?

• Re: Dynamic Forms vs ASP
          Peter White Journeyman

Hi Arshan,

Dynamic forms are essentially the same thing as ASP Category items based on the generic driver.  Dynamic form is the name that was given to the feature when it was made available as standard P2x functionality.  They support collection of rich information on Requisition lines and support things like price determination and policies for supplier collaboration.

dForms are used in project workspaces in our strategic procurement solutions (Sourcing, Contracts, Supplier Information and Performance Management) and support collection of information in electronic format for any kind of purpose related to the project.  The principal benefits to dForms are collecting information in a structured format, tying it into an approval process and making the aggregated data available for analytical reporting.

Arshan.Bomanjee Master

Thanks Peter! Would you know if both the functionalities (ASP & Dynamic forms) still exist or will one of them eventually phase out?

Peter White Journeyman

ASP is no longer sold as a module by Ariba because contingent labor and more complex aspects of services procurement are better served by the Fieldglass product in the SAP portfolio.  Existing customers of ASP continue to receive support and dynamic forms (subset of the ASP functionality) will continue to be available as a standard product feature in P2x.

Thanks

Ps. please mark the question as answered if you have what you need, otherwise feel free to ask for additional clarification, thanks!